One of the hardest things to address when someone is planning for end-of-life or when trying to finalise a loved ones estate when they have passed on, is digital profiles.
When is the right time to tell someone your passwords?
Where do you begin to look for a password?
What is the most secure way to look after your online profiles?
Our Online Identity
We all had our favourite go-to password, then it became complicated.
It had to be 8 digits, then it had to have a capital letter and then a special character, and some online applications make you change your password every 6 weeks.
More and more ‘life’ tasks are now completed online, from banking to utilities to social media.
So in order for us to remember these numerous and complicated ‘secure’ online passwords, some of us are resorting to the dangerous simplicity of writing them down on a piece of paper, or in your phone notes on your phone, with a bold title saying, “Password to my Gmail” or similar! How dangerous?! It’s a major security risk.
So… What do I do?
We offer a comprehensive password service that allows you to collate your online profiles in a secure, cloud-based environment. Accessible on your computer, device or mobile phone, your online passwords are secured and ‘remembered’ to save you having to look up and record your passwords on pieces of paper!
Your passwords are NEVER revealed to us, in fact you only have 1 master password to remember and all the other logins are kept secure in a vault, and updated and ready for when you need them.
Should anything happen to you, a nominated contact will be notified.
Other great features include:
- One click to add new websites
- One click secure password generation
- One click auto-fill passwords
- Automatically synchronise from any device or computer
- Emergency Access for your loved ones (you can set the time frame from 3 hours to 30 days)
- Keep secure digital records – for example License Numbers, WiFi access codes, personal information notes
- Secure form autofill information – Such as Credit card numbers, Billing addresses and the like.
- Share encrypted passwords with others – You have full control of when and how long they will have access
We run group password and online strategy sessions through to one-on-one consultations.